To celebrate, I'm going to post any little tidbits I
But first, THE MOVIE:
1. Buffy does NOT burn down the gym at Hemery High.
2. The historical slayers/watchers (all played by Kristy Swanson/Donald Sutherland) make their debut here and not in "Fool for Love".
3. Let's all be thankful that the movie's menstrual cramp-vamp-radar was scrapped for the show.
4. Buffy's partner-in-slayage/love interest is a pretty greaser called PIKE. Is it really plagiarism when you're stealing from yourself? I say no.
5. Paul Reubens might have been the funnest thing in the whole undertaking. How can he be more entertaining than Rutger Hauer? IDK.
The UNAIRED PILOT, which you can download at Buffyworld.com, has a couple of interesting deviations from "Welcome to the Hellmouth":
1. A different Willow. Questions? Comments?
2. Jonathan makes his first appearance here, but doesn't show up on the air until "Inca Mummy Girl". (Danny Strong also auditioned for the role of Xander. I have thoughts on this.)
What do you remember about these "prequels"?
This entry was originally posted at http://rebcake.dreamwidth.org/45937.html. Please comment here or there using OpenID.